Terms and Conditions of Trade
This site is owned and operated by J&B Sewing Machine Co Ltd (whose registered office is J&B House, Curlew Close, Queensway Meadows, Newport, South Wales, NP19 4SY, company registration number is 711320 and VAT number is 134 8606 65) and by using or accessing our website and/or placing any order(s), you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions then you may not use or access our website or place orders.
These terms relate to sales over the internet only.
This website is designed for your convenience and if you have any comments or problems and any questions regarding this site and/or products and services featured on this site please send an email to email@example.com. If you have experienced technical problems while using this site please send an email to the same address.
The contract made by you on-line with us incorporates these terms and conditions, which shall prevail over any and all terms and conditions proposed by you.
You shall not be able to proceed with your purchase until you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
- We have a policy of continuous product development and reserve the right to amend the specifications of any goods or products without prior notice in relation to future sales.
- Products supplied may differ as a consequence from those on display or advertised. Unless agreed with you, the products supplied will be of equivalent value, functionally and appearance.
- We endeavour to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the website. However we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product delivered.
- All prices include VAT, where appropriate, at the prevailing rate and are subject to any promotional offer or discount.
- Standard delivery prices apply within the UK mainland and Northern Ireland. There is an additional charge for sundry items, for example feet or guides, when ordered separately from a machine. The prices do vary depending on the items ordered and you should telephone our advisors on 01633 284646 for details.
- The prices displayed on the website are for on-line purchases.
- The prices displayed on the website in relation to any on-line promotion are valid strictly until midnight on the day on which the promotion expires, as determined by us.
- You must pay by credit, charge or debit card at the time of order. In certain circumstances we will also accept payment by cheque. The price of any product is the price in force at the date and time of your order. You undertake that all details you provide to us for the purpose or purchasing products which may be offered by us on our website will be correct; that the credit, charge, or debit card which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any products. We will only ship to the card holders address. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit, charge or debit card details before accepting your order.
- Payment will be taken in full at the time of order.
- The contract shall not have been concluded until we have received your valid credit card charge or debit card payment details and we have accepted your on-line order and sent you confirmation by return e-mail to the address you have given us during the registration procedure and on ordering.
- We are entitled to refuse any order placed by you.
- The transaction will be handled for you by Streamline. The transaction amount will be paid to www.jbsewing.com
- We are only able to deliver to you if you have a permanent address on the UK mainland.
- We will endeavour to fulfil your order within fourteen (14) days from receipt of payment. However in certain parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland, delivery may be delayed by a further 14 days from the date of your order.
- Orders totalling less than 15kg may be dispatched by post or courier.
- Any changes made to the content of your order may be made at any time prior to your estimated delivery date by telephoning our Customer Satisfactory Helpline on 01633 284646. Any such changes may have an impact on your delivery date. We may therefore be unable to deliver your goods on your confirmed delivery date should changes occur and if so, a new delivery date will be given.
- If you are unable, for whatever reason, to take delivery of your order on the confirmed, may delivery date, we reserve the right to charge you for any subsequent deliveries.
- We will deliver your items Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am to 8pm to any UK mainland address (including Northern Ireland). Any rejection of a specified delivery date may result in further delays.
- You are responsible for providing a safe means of access from the public highway to the place of delivery. If our delivery service provider, consider that access is unsafe then we will not deliver the goods until safe access is provided.
- If we are unable to deliver the goods due to there being no safe means of access to the place of delivery we shall be entitled to cancel your order and refund your payments less an administration fee of £15.
- If we / our courier accidentally damage goods in the course of delivery our liability for that damage is limited to the repair or replacement of the goods or the value thereof.
- Time of delivery is not of the essence if these terms and conditions. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable or unavoidable delay.
- in delivery or re-scheduling of delivery.
Returns, Refunds and Your Right to Cancel
- If you decide within 14 days of the date on which you receive your goods, that you do not wish to retain them, you should contact our customer satisfaction department on 01633 284646 to arrange collection. The goods must be returned in their original condition complete with packaging and we will refund you the price, less an administration charge per item (to cover carriage / restocking charges etc.) This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Subject to your statutory rights, products that are made or altered specifically for you, may not be returned nor will we provide and refund, unless they are defective or have been accidentally damaged by us in the course of delivery.
- If we deliver incorrect or damaged goods, or in the event that you discover any defect in the goods for which you require compensation or other remedy, you must report the defect within 14 days of the date you receive them, or as soon as possible thereafter by contacting our Customer Satisfaction Helpline on 01633 284646. Please keep the products purchased in a saleable condition and retain the original packaging in the condition it was provided.
- We will not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from repairs attempted by you or third parties.
Guarantees and Claims Under Guarantee
- The provisions of this clause 6, apply in addition to your statutory consumer rights in relation to faulty products. These rights are not affected by the guarantee.
- The guarantee is with the product manufacturer after the initial 14 day purchase period. If you experience any difficulties with the manufacturer then we will endeavour to fix any problems ourselves during the relevant guarantee period if you return the machine to us in its original packaging.
- This guarantee does not cover wear and tear; neglect; abuse or misuse of your goods; loss or damage due to fire, smoke, water, lightning, sunlight, weather, rusting, corrosion, theft or explosion; accidental damage or loss or damage caused by a third party.
- We will arrange to repair or replace the defective or incorrect item free of charge. Should a part be no longer available, it will be replaced with a part that most closely matches it.
- We will not be liable for and direct or indirect loss of profits or other financial loss or damage arising out of defective, damaged or wrongly delivered products over and above the value of the goods themselves. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Disputes or Problems
On the rare occassion that we receive a complaint we take it very seriously. In the case of a dispute, we will aim to resolve the problem immediately. In the event of a dispute or problem with your goods, you should contact our customer satisfaction department by:
Telephone: 01633 284646
In Writing: J & B Sewing Machine Co Ltd, Curlew Close, Newport, NP19 4SY
We always resolve complaints to tthe satisfaction of both parties.
If your complaint relates to finance linked to your purchase you can still let us know about this, but we will forward it on to your credit provider Novuna. Novuna will acknowledge your complaint, investigate it thoroughly and issue their response within eight weeks.
If you are not satisfied with Novuna's response to your complaint relating to the finance agreement you may be able to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You must contact them within 6 months of the date of Novuna's final response letter to you.
The Financial Ombudsman Service may be contacted in the following ways:
In Writing: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
Telephone: 0300 123 9 123
Further details can be found on the Financial Ombudsman Service
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
Much of the UK’s WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
J & B Sewing Machines Co Ltd is obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product from us.
For example, if a customer bought a new sewing machine from us we would accept their old sewing machine and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol.
Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled. J & B Sewing Machines Co Ltd are obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when you buy from us a new Electrical or Electronic product.
For example, if a customer bought a new EEE item from us we would accept their old WEEE item and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
Site Content and Disclaimers
- Every effort is made to ensure the complete accuracy of our website, however some prices/details contained on the website may change from time to time and it is possible that errors will occur. We will use our best endeavours’ to rectify any errors, as swiftly as possible but we cannot be responsible for any losses incurred.
- To the maximum extent permission by law, we exclude and warranties, express or implied as to the accuracy of the information contained in any on the materials on the website. We cannot accept liability for any particular material on the website or as a result of any use of or reliance placed upon the information contained on the website.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this website is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system or loss of date that results from the download of any such material.
- This website operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (The Act)
- We process your personal date in accordance with the Act.
Distant Selling Regulations
- We comply with the Distant Selling Regulations 2000 and full details can be found at consumer protection.
- We control and operate the website from our offices in Newport. Accordingly the laws of England and Wales govern claims relating to, including the use of, this website and materials contained therein. If you choose to access our web site from outside England and Wales you do so on your own initiative and you hereby agree that in the event of a dispute between jbsewing.com and you the laws of England and Wales will apply at all times.